An accident resulting in catastrophic injury can change a family’s life forever. It is not simply that you or a loved one has sustained a terrible injury. The victims of catastrophic personal injuries face serious challenges because of their injuries, in the immediate aftermath, and possibly in the long term:
- Extensive medical bills
- Extended or even permanent medical support expenses
- Job retraining for work that fits new physical limitations or worse,
- Permanent loss of the ability to work
- Loss of ability to travel or engage in favorite pastimes
- Loss of the dignity of caring for yourself
- Anxiety, depression and other mental health issues resulting from the stress of permanent disability or brain injury
What is a catastrophic injury?
An injury that permanently prevents an individual from performing work that can support themselves and their family is considered catastrophic. This might include, but is not limited to:
- Spinal cord injury and paralysis
- Disfiguring burns
- Brain injury and permanent brain damage
Automobile and vehicle accidents – especially motorcycle accidents – are the largest cause of catastrophic injury. But, injuries are also caused by:
We Won’t Take Shortcuts
Some attorneys might be willing to settle for a lesser amount just to get a quick conclusion for themselves and the client. We are not one of those firms. Experience has shown us that many personal injury cases are more complex than they first seem. A full investigation may reveal other avenues to pursue and allow for a larger settlement or jury verdict.
At M. Blake Heath, Trail Attorney LLC, we know that catastrophic injury demands a legal remedy that goes beyond covering the price of a back surgery or a few days work:
- We have the resources and experience to help you recover as much of your life as possible
- We can work with experts to establish life care plans for our clients
- We use economic advisors to provide lost income projections
Our track record stands for itself. We have helped the victims of catastrophic injury recover large jury verdicts and settlements. If your family has felt the devastation of a catastrophic injury in the family, we can help you put your life back together.
If you or a loved one has suffered a catastrophic injury, contact the attorneys at M. Blake Heath, Trial Attorney LLC to learn more about how we can help protect your rights. Fill out this intake form, or call: 816-931-0048